It has been a seriously long time since I've shared a nail art design on the blog. This is mainly due to the fact that I haven't really been bothered to do any nail designs due to lack of time and also because I did way too many tutorials on Duniati and honestly kind of got bored. But since it's Valentine's Day and I know some of you guys might be celebrating, I thought I'd share one of my favorite designs that would be great for the occasion. Whether you have a romantic date with your significant other or have a single girls night out plans like me, you can obviously rock out this look!
What I used:
Sephora Formula X (Cleanser, Base Coat and Top Coat), China Glaze "White on White" , Nubar Nail Art Striper Pen (glittery red), Samoa Black, dotting tool, striper tape, and a cuticle cutting scissor.
1) Apply (optional: Sephora Formula X Cleanser and) base coat.
2) Apply two coats of white nail polish, make sure it's COMPLETELY dry before you proceed. I waited around 30 minutes for it to dry completely. (You can apply a top coat to speed up the process).
3) Cut up pieces of the tape to make my stripes, I used around 4 for each nail.
4) Apply the pieces horizontally on top of each other, leaving a small space in between each piece.
5) Apply black nail polish on top.
6) Remove the pieces of tape BEFORE the black polish dries in order to not ruin the design.
7) Wait for this layer to dry as well (again, you may apply a top coat to speed up the process).
8) Draw a red heart using the dotting tool on the upper right or left corner of your nail(add two dots parallel to each other, then add a smaller dot under them and then join the dots to make a heart).
9) Apply a top coat and voila!
What are you plans for Valentine's Day?