This semester I've taken a serious step in getting healthy and fit. I've been hitting the gym almost every day and have been laying off the unhealthy but delicious offerings of Bliss Street food vendors. I'm graduating in a couple of months, so let's be honest there are some dresses that need to be fitted into. So when the super lovely folks over at Nestle Fitness Cereals contacted about the Fitness Arabia Challenge, and asked me if I'd be interested in participating... I obviously said yes!!!
So what is this Fitness Challenge I keep going on about ?
The Fitness Challenge is a 14 day simple program which "kickstarts" a journey to a healthier lifestyle.
And by simple, I mean really simple, so simple that I can follow along.
- You replace breakfast and one other meal (lunch or dinner) with 1 bowl of Nestle Fitness cereal and skimmed milk, along with a cup of coffee/tea and a serving of fruit.
- Your third meal of the day (lunch or dinner) should be a balanced dish. There's a selection of meals posted on the fitness website, which I will kindly link HERE
- Drink 1 Liter of water a day (as least)
- Don't miss the snacks! Have 2 small snacks a day between every meal. (Fruit, veggies, low-fat yogurt, cereal bar etc)
|[banana for scale]|
- Four packs of Nestle Fitness (Original, Honey and Almonds, Strawberry and Chocolate... just in case you were wondering)
- Health & Fitness gear (aka super cool water bottle, jump rope, towel)
- A CD of workout videos by Zena Habi, who is a certified personal trainer.
- Instructions, because we need to know where to start son!
Check out the interactive website which helps you customize your program. You get to choose when you want to have Fitness cereal, what your favorite food is (whether savory meal or sweets/snacks), AND you get to choose how much time you have to prepare a meal... which in my opinion is the coolest option, because let's be honest... most of us don't have time to cook and are out of the house pretty late with no place to cook in the first place. With this option, you get to select super easy meals that you can prepare in less than ten minutes!
[Side note, they're not tasteless cardboard diet dishes.. they're really yummy easy to make options]
I began DAY 1 of the challenge today, as I mentioned before, I will be posting regularly on twitter/instagram/facebook/tumblr about the challenge. I'm thinking of having a mid-way post for next Friday, with a final end of challenge post set for two weeks from now. If you're interested in taking part of the challenge too, then head over to the fitness cereals website, create your plan and start! Use the hashtag #fitnesschallenge and #nouchaline on twitter and instagram so I can follow along with you as well :)
Let's get fit!