|Follow me on Instagram!|
Finals are over, I am finally a happy person again. Well, not really, but at least my stress level has decreased. During a mini study break I took last week, I decided to try out the cupcake nail art for my birthday. I have to admit, this wasn't the easiest thing I've tried, but it wasn't impossible.
What do you think?
Step by step tutorial :
- Apply your base color, I chose a light mint green. (Samoa Vert Chouchou)
- Apply the cupcake base color across the tip of the nail like a thick french tip, no need for a perfect line. I went with a dark purple (Nubar "Nice Purple).
- Apply vertical lines with a lighter color on the cupcake base using the eye shadow brush (I mixed the H&M with St. Germain Blanche Neige). Note: you can also use a nail polish with a thin brush.
- With the back of the eyeshadow brush, or a thick dotting tool. Dab a bit of white nail polish to make the frosting bit of the cupcake. (Make a rough triangle shape and fill it in).
- Using a smaller dotting tool or a tip of an old pen, apply little dots of the base colors (or any other color) as sprinkles.
- Finally, add you cherry on top (two dots to make a bigger dot) and don't forget the topcoat to seal everything in! (I used Nubar "Red Sea Coral" for the cherry and Diamond Shield as my top coat)