I've been seeing a lot of polka dot nails on pinterest, I decided to finally give it a shot. It's actually a super easy tutorial, and you don't need any special equipment or tools to do the design. You can make your own dotting tool with a pencil and a pin, or a ball point pen!
Inspired by the lady bug dots, I went with a black and white combination. But you can definitely go all Minnie Mouse and try it with red and white too :)
What you need:
Red nail polish (I used China Glaze "Revolution"), black/white nail polish (I used Rimmel, "Blackout"), pencil with eraser tip, needle pin, base coat (Wet n Wild Matte Finish base coat) and top coat (Diamond Shield)
How to dot away:
1) Apply a base coat, and your base color on top. Wait for it to COMPLETELY dry.
2) Stick the needle pin on the eraser tip to use it as your dotting tool. You can also use an old ball point pen for this.
|[ image source: theBeautyDepartment ]|
3) Open the black nail polish, and turn the brush upside down and place it on a flat surface (only works with flat caps) OR Put a drop of the black nail polish on a piece of plastic (you can use a disposable lid, hard plastic bag etc) or cardboard.
4) Dip your dotting tool in the black polish, and dot away. Start from the bottom corner and work your way to the tip.
5) Apply top coat, wait for it to COMPLETELY dry.
HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY
to all of you celebrating Easter this week!